Happy National S.T.E.M. Day! Science, technology, engineering, and mathematics are crucial to society and are a very big part of education. Learning about these subjects can be really insightful but also fun! To celebrate this day, Yoobi has a fun activity inspired by "Easy Grow a Rainbow on Paper Towel Experiment" for you to try out!
How to Grow a Rainbow! This experiment is all about capillary action which is the movement of water through small spaces without the help of gravity. By using washable markers, we will be able to see the flow of water through the tiny holes in the paper towel.
- paper towel
- 2 cups of water
1. Fold the paper towel in half, horizontally.
2. Cut the paper towel into a shorter piece so the colors can travel towards the middle faster.
3. Grab your washable markers to draw a rainbow pattern on both ends of the paper towel.
*be sure to go over each color a few times so the dye can travel towards the middle of the paper towel*
4. Set both ends of the paper towel into each cup filled with water but do not completely place the colored portions into the water.
5. Enjoy watching the colors travel as they meet together in the middle to form a beautiful rainbow!
Watch our video down below for a step by step tutorial!
@yoobigives Happy National S.T.E.M. Day! 🧬 Celebrate with Yoobi by doing a fun “capillary action” experiment as we learn how to grow a rainbow on a paper towel 🌈 #nationalstemday #stemlife #experiment ♬ smiles & sunsets - ultmt.